July is almost over, which is crazy because it means that we only have one month (and a week) before university starts again. I have mixed feelings about this because I really don’t want to study again, and also we should be looking at apartments more seriously, but on the other hand I miss my uni friends because in the last 2 months we barely could organise a meetup since we’re all from different towns and places and it makes it hard to be in Budapest at the same time.
But let’s be optimistic! We have more than a month to make the best of our summer.
This time I decided to collect my recent favourite things. Some beauty and other stuff as well.
BEAUTY & FASHION
- For the past year or two, I have been a huge fan of Balea (the own brand of DM) hand creams and body lotions. But lately, they didn’t have any products that smelled sweet. However, yesterday I fell in love with this tropical scent! You have to try it! You can argue that this isn’t even a big brand and there are better products. Yes, I’m sure there are, but I love Balea, and it is a German brand’s product and lately, I realised that German products are actually really great. It’s easy to use and most importantly (for me) it isn’t too oily, my skin absorbs it fast.
- Best hairbrush I have ever used. It’s also from DM (you can tell that I’m a huge fan of this shop) and it makes brushing my hair the easiest! Maybe I should have bought a size bigger, but those bigger ones didn’t have this cute pattern on them.
- Okay, this dress was a total bargain. (even though this photo is a mess) I rarely shop in second-hand shops, but from time to time comes a wave that I really want to visit one and look for treasure. I have managed to find something only twice, and this was the second. At first sight, I found it a bit weird, but as I continued to watch myself in the mirror I slowly fell in love with it. And the best part is that it cost me (actually my mum) less than 1 euro! I cannot wait to wear it.
- These sandals are from Deichmann and I adore them. Because of its colour, it goes well with basically everything and the sole isn’t that thin than my other sandals’ sole, thus it’s also pretty comfortable. Lately, you rarely can see me wearing any other shoes than this.
- This oat snack is flavoured with apple and it tastes so good! For some, it might be a bit too sweet but I find it just delicious.
- I bought this mini recipe book at a flea market when I was on a mini holiday a few weeks ago. It cost me less than a euro. As you can see it’s in German, which is nice because I can improve my German, but the sad truth is that I barely can understand half of the stuff that’s in there. It’s really practical because it’s small and you can even make it stand. On the other side of every recipe, there is how you can actually make it. I haven’t used it yet, but when we move in with my boyfriend in the future, maybe we can use it. At least he will understand the German texts better.
MOVIE & MUSIC
- Believer by Imagine Dragons. I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of this band because I only know those songs that the radio or TV constantly plays. And this one is my current favourite! I cannot stop listening to it. Amazing.
- I have no idea why I hadn’t watched this movie sooner, even though I planned it. Yesterday I finally saw it. A part of me is glad that I hadn’t seen it sooner, but the other part is sad. I’ll be honest. I cried my eyes out for the last 30-40 minutes. Such a beautifully tragical story. It is also full of inspirational quotes; good for thinking about the movie after you finish it. I was in shock and awe after the film ended. It might just become my new favourite. Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin were great for their roles, and I also fell in love with their bond. Now I really want to read the book as well. So if you haven’t watched this yet, I can only recommend it!!
That’s it, I hope you enjoyed my new post. What are your current favourite things? If you have anything new, don’t be afraid to leave me some suggestions!